Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

The Book Club :
Defending Jacob

Topic is Sleeping.

authenticnow (original poster member #16024) posted at 5:31 PM on Monday, February 9th, 2015

Has anybody read this? Would love to discuss.

DS, you are forever in my heart. Thank you for sharing your beautiful spirit with me. I will always try to live by the example you have set. I love you and miss you every day and am sorry you had to go so soon, it just doesn't seem fair.

id 7111213

Regret44 ( member #45384) posted at 7:48 PM on Monday, February 9th, 2015

I read it. Good book!

id 7111411

dameia ( member #36072) posted at 11:50 PM on Monday, February 9th, 2015

I've read it twice. Loved it! Trying to put yourself in their shoes, being a parent in that situation, is really difficult. You want to protect your children and believe the best of them...I can't fathom how I would react.

Me: BS
D-Day: 7/7/12

Trust is like paper. Once it's crumpled it can never be perfect again.

id 7111783

authenticnow (original poster member #16024) posted at 12:29 AM on Tuesday, February 10th, 2015

I know. You were rooting for them because he was their kid and you felt their love for him, even if he was a murderer.

We assume he did it, right? I was trying to make myself believe he didn't but of course he did.

DS, you are forever in my heart. Thank you for sharing your beautiful spirit with me. I will always try to live by the example you have set. I love you and miss you every day and am sorry you had to go so soon, it just doesn't seem fair.

id 7111823

dameia ( member #36072) posted at 2:52 AM on Tuesday, February 10th, 2015

I think he definitely did it. I also really wanted to believe he was innocent. But when the girl went missing...well, that was pretty damning.

Sometimes I wonder what I would do in a similar situation. Teenagers are so implusive, all it takes is one stupid fight and your kids could end up a murderer. Not quite the same as Jacob, I know, but it really makes you think.

Me: BS
D-Day: 7/7/12

Trust is like paper. Once it's crumpled it can never be perfect again.

id 7111977

Skye ( member #325) posted at 2:01 PM on Wednesday, February 11th, 2015

I read it and didn't like it, particularly. I guess I'm just tired of authors writing about weak characters. I get how important a kid is to his parents, but I also don't get how there is such weakness/dysfunction out there.

A little off topic, but it seems to me more and more books are being written about dysfunctional people. Is it because there are so many out there in real life or is this what the masses want to read? I've started reading more foreign authors lately because their characters have more character! lol

Sadly, Jacob seems to have been born a bad seed. I have no doubt he did it.

id 7113489

shakentocore ( member #46124) posted at 1:56 PM on Saturday, February 14th, 2015

I read it and thought it wasn't the greatest book, but it was a great "book club" book because there was so much to discuss about it.

Like Skye, i have noticed not in books but on tv.....the characters are so flawed and dysfunctional. It really bugs me because I know many successful that are smart, hardworking, people of faith who love their families....on tv the heros / smart people are drug addicts or have no morals.

DDay - Christmas 2014. Working on R.

id 7117518
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy